What You'll Learn
Get centered quickly and learn what tools you'll need.
Drop a hole and create a thin, wide floor that sets the foundation for your mug.
Raise the walls on your mug using DeBorah's "scaffold" technique that guarantees more height, less wobble.
Shape your mug with a custom tool you can make with the bonus template.
Cut and lift your pot off the wheel without struggle (or finger indentations!)
Put a handle on it: easy hand positions guarantee a you'll pull a comfortable, functional handle.
Still shots dispersed throughout the videos highlight interior views so you always know exactly what your piece should look like, inside and out.
Lesson 4 contains a bonus template. Download & print it and use it to create your own shaping tool.
For potters who want to stay fit and healthy with a gentle, in-studio workout.
- Centering: Getting a good start (4:40)
- The Hole & Floor: The foundation for success (3:24)
- Pulling The Walls: Secrets to an AWESOME mug (6:24)
- Shaping: Creating your own look (6:18)
- Cutting Off: Fearlessly remove your mug from the wheel (1:16)
- Pulling A Handle: Secrets to easy handles (10:38)
- Bonus: Yoga For Potters - No Mat Needed! (15:14)